My youngest sister, Haylee, and her boyfriend, Seth, visited us last week from Fargo, ND for a post college graduation trip. It was so great to have them here. They were up for any adventure and even wanted vegan food prep tips from me despite Seth being into body building with a high protein diet.
My husband, Matt, and I had fun hanging out with them and having a mini San Diego vacation ourselves. If you are coming to North San Diego County and looking for some ideas I hope you find the following list helpful. The pictures are compliments of my sister’s great photo collage skills!
- Great views and serenity at Encinitas Meditation Gardens plus it is free
- Sunset at Double Peak Park, lots of trails to explore too!
- Hike and beach time at Torrey Pines State Reserve
- Drive the Pacific Coast Highway/101 and stop in Encinitas, Leucadia, Carlsbad and Oceanside and explore each coastal town
- Load up the bikes and backpacks and ride to San Elijo State Beach, check in at 4 p.m. (check out 9 a.m.) for a bike camp site for $6/person. We lucked out with an ocean view spot!
- If you want to venture into Orange County, hope on the Amtrak which Haylee and Seth did to go to California Adventure and Disneyland
- Before heading to the airport we picked up lunch and had a picnic on the bluffs in La Jolla