- Who am I?
- What do I want?
- How can I help? How can I serve? What is my dharma?
The soul question that got me thinking was “Who am I”? It resonated with me thinking back to when my dad had a stroke and developed diabetes from pancreatic cancer complications that didn’t allow him to be a long haul truck driver. Unfortunately my dad’s job was his identity as that is what he dedicated his life to since he was in his early 20s and I think he felt lost without it. It also came to mind when I was laid off from my job mid last year and when I asked myself “Who am I?”, I was enlightened that I didn’t feel defined by being a consumer electronics director.
Here is who I am today:
- Wife, daughter, sister, aunt, niece, granddaughter, friend
- Animal lover and advocate
- Plant nutrition advocate, ambassador and mentor
- Ironman Triathlete
- Fitness mentor and ambassador
- Pancreatic cancer advocate
In 15 months I will reach the 40th birthday milestone and have a full heart and appreciation for where I am in life and look forward to continuing to learn more about “who I am” and add to my list!
Who are you? Great exercise to think about and reflect!